In order for you to travel outside the Philippines you need to have a Philippine passport, it’s a travel document and a primary national identity document issued to citizens of the Philippines. This guide will help you how to apply for new Philippines passport.
First of all you need to gather all the required documents needed before you apply for Philippines passport.
See below the list of requirements.
1.) NSO Birth Certificate
-In case of Late Registered Birth Certificate:
* If Birth Certificate was registered at least ten (10) years ago, application will be treated as a regular application, and no additional supporting documents will be required
* If Birth Certificate was registered less than ten (10) years ago, applicant must submit IDs that pre-date the late registration
* If applicant has no ID's that pre-date the late registered Birth certificate, applicant must produce current IDs and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- In case applicant has NO Birth Certificate or Report of Birth:
* If applicant is born AFTER 1950 - applicant must first file for late registration with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or Consular Office with jurisdiction over the place where applicant was born. Applicant will then submit the original copy of the PSA authenticated late registered Birth Certificate with the requisite supporting documents and IDs that pre-date the late registration
* If applicant is born ON OR BEFORE 1950 - applicant must submit original copies of PSA Authenticated Certificate of No Birth Record and Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons attesting to the identity of the applicant.
2.) atleast 2 Valid Goverment ID's (If you have 3 or more than it will be good)
Here are the list of Governmetn Valid ID's:
- Social Security System (SSS)/ Government Service Insurance System(GSIS) Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID)Card
- Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) / Integrated Department of Labor and Employment (iDOLE) card
- Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter's Certificate or Voter’s Registration Record from COMELEC Head or Regional Office - Philippine National Police (PNP) Firearms License
- Senior Citizen ID
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) ID
- School ID (for students)
- Current Valid ePassport (For Renewal of ePassport)
For applicants based overseas, they may use their host government issued ID's showing their Philippine citizenship. (Example: Residence Card)
*Note this requirement is for Married Females only
3.) Married Females (who are using their spouse's last name) must also submit Original copy of PSA Authenticated Marriage Contract on Security Paper or Report of Marriage
If you have those documents, now you need to know the Core requirements.
1.You need to confirmed online appointment, go to this link www.passport.gov.ph and follow the steps below.
After you fill up the online form, click finish and then go to your email address to confirm appointment link sent by the DFA.
2. Print the Application Form that the DFA emailed you.
3. Make sure you secure Original copy of NSO Birth Certificate
Married Females (who are using their spouse's last name) must also submit Original copy of PSA Authenticated Marriage Contract on Security Paper or Report of Marriage
4. Any of the following Government Valid IDs with one (1) Photocopy
5. Applying for new or renew passport are both need Personal Appearance.
If you completed those steps and gathered the necessary documents your good to go, you just now need to wait to the appointment date you scheduled and then bring those requirements.
NOTE: New and renew passport required Personal Appearance.
The processing fee is Php950 for regular processing and Php1,200 for expedite processing. Follow the application process posted in the DFA office.
For more info Click Here